Attitude Determination & Control System
The iADCS400 is a fully autonomous attitude determination and control system aimed at small satellites with a 6U CubeSat form factor or larger
The iADCS400 was developed for platforms ranging 6-12U size. It matches the ST200 star tracker with our RW400 reaction wheels, the MTQ400 series of magnetorquers as well as optional control algorithms featuring various standard modes. It offers an entirely autonomous attitude control system, in the space of 5 standard CubeSat PCB’s, taking up 0.7U in terms of volume.
The iADCS400 features an internal fire-and-forget controller, which frees up the host processor’s workload, providing nadir and target-pointing modes, as well as backup de-tumbling, intentional spin modes and slewing for 6 to 12 U satellites or platforms with similar moments of inertia.
The iADCS400 features an internal fire-and-forget controller, which frees up the host processor’s workload, providing nadir and target pointing modes, as well as backup de-tumbling, intentional spin modes and slewing for 6 to 12 U satellites or platforms with similar moments of inertia.
The iADCS400 is delivered with a PC104- compatible footprint, consuming the space of 4 standard CubeSat PCB’s, or a total of 0.7 U. This allows the placement of the iADCS400 system anywhere in the CubeSat stack.
Designed for 6 – 12 U platforms the iADCS400 has low mass of 1150 to 1700 g, low power of <4 W peak, and outer dimensions of 95.4 x 95.9 x 67.3mm. The fully autonomous attitude determination and control system has additional radiation shielding built in, plug-and-play ready design and with three-axis magnetorquer configuration with up to 0.5 A.m² of magnetic dipole moment.
Why the iADCS400?
- Fully integrated, fully autonomous ADCS, capable of precisely pointing and slewing 6-12U CubeSats or similar.
- Full three axis control, featuring 3 RW400 series reaction wheels and three MTQ400 series magnetorquers
- Integrated ST200 star tracker, offering 30 arcsecond 3-sigma determination accuracy
- Interface for additional external star tracker
- Primary I²C command interface.
- Low power: ~2.0 W nominal. Optional power tuning ability.
- Optional additions: Second external star tracker, Sun Sensors, magnetometer, precision IMU – allowing for longer periods of sun-blinding
- Optional: integrated OBC/Payload data processor (HT-CP400.85 or similar)
|Total momentum storage per axis||+/- 1.5||+/- 3.0; +/- 6.0. mN.m.s|
|Magnetic moment||X/Y: 0.5 ; Z: 0.4||A.m|
|Attitude determination accuracy||30||(3-sigma)|
|Pointing accuracy||< <1||°|
|Slew rate||> 1.57||°/s|
|Radiation tolerance||> 45||krad (Si)|
|Operating temperature||- 45 / - 20 to + 40 / + 85||°C|
|Outer dimensions||95.4 x 95.9 x 67.3 mm|
|Mass||1150 / 1300 / 1700 g|
|Supply voltage (V)||4.9||5.0||15|
|Bus logic level voltage (V)||Referenced to Vsys||Referenced to Vsys||Referenced to Vsys|
|Idle (mW)||-||900 (2400)|
Enquire about this product
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields