Precise performance at high efficiency. The MTQ800 magnetorquers are aimed at applications in 50-200 kg class satellites.
Offering one of the highest energy efficiencies in the industry, combined with fine-grained dipole-moment strength control, it allows precise pointing and rapid de-saturation of any reaction wheels in the satellite.
With a unique boost-mode, these magnetorquers can be pushed up to higher magnetic dipole moments for short duration manoeuvres, through sacrificing some energy efficiency. In return however, these magnetorquers will offer the fastest de-tumbling of any satellite in this mass class, allowing the users to start their operations in the shortest amount of time. They furthermore feature an inherently safe, passive detumbling mode, which works without any external controller.
- Includes drive electronics and mounting brackets
- Nominal dipole moment: 15 A.m2
- Boost mode dipole moment: up to 30 A.m²
- Dimensions: 25 mm 250 mm (Ø x l)
- Mass: 395 g
- Dipole moment directly controllable, in steps of 1 mA.m²
- RS422 Interface
- Power consumption at nominal dipole moment only 3 W, including drive electronics
- Inherently safe, passive detumbling mode
Enquire about this product
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox