CubeCAT Laser Communication Module
Small size, high throughput optical communications module for nanosatellites
The CubeCAT lasercom module enables a bidirectional space-to-ground communication link between a CubeSat and an optical ground station, with downlink speeds of up to 1 Gbps and uplink data rate of 200 Kbps. Using optical communication circumvents tedious radio licensing procedures and enables high performing payloads on small platforms.
The module is designed according to the size, mass and power constraints inherent to small satellites of the nanosat class and is compatible with standard CubeSat platforms. Due to its built-in attitude determination and control error compensation system, it allows for relaxed requirements on the host satellite ADCS.
Furthermore, it has an on-board data management system, featuring a large data storage buffer, and built-in data coding and synchronization. This makes the CubeCAT module a plug-and-play integrated communications subsystem.
- Bidirectional space-to-ground communication
- Optical communication
- Compatible with standard CubeSat platforms
- Downlink speeds of up to 1 Gbps
- Uplink data rate of 200 Kbps.
- 64 GB data storage buffer
- Built-in attitude determination and control error compensation system
- On-board data management system, featuring a large data storage buffer, and built-in data coding and synchronization.
Enquire about this product
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox