Senior Mechanical Engineer
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
Responsible for providing technical leadership on mechanical projects ensuring delivery of those projects to cost, quality, safety and time parameters. Providing mechanical engineering expertise and advice to the rest of the team.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Complete project work within cost, quality and time constraints set by project manager.
- Liaise with and manage any suppliers or sub-contractors under area of responsibility.
- Provide accurate engineering task estimates for project management and resource planning tasks.
- Ensure the engineering manager and project manager are kept updated of any deviations from agreed work plan and/or schedule.
- Ensure work area is kept tidy as befits a professional engineering company.
- Ensure timely and accurate information flow to project and engineering managers, project team, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Provide engineering expertise and mentoring to junior engineers
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and suppliers and ensure the company always receives the highest value
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships
- Interpret the technical requirements of customer specifications and ensure these are understood and implemented correctly by the Project team
- In conjunction with Project Manager resolve any conflicts between our contractual obligations and the “wants” of the customer/contractor
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business
- Ensure technical/engineering compliance
- Conduct ethical and equitable business practice
- Implement all relevant and appropriate company policies and procedures
- Comply with the company Quality Management System and any additional quality processes mandated by the customer
- Expert knowledge of mechanical engineering theory and practice, including structural and thermal design principles.
- Excellent knowledge of modern manufacturing processes ensuring efficient production of Clyde Space products.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical space hardware design, manufacture and test.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical space hardware issues.
- Solid understanding of hardware product life cycle.
- Awareness and appreciation of their specialisation within the larger project/company team
- Provide technical input to direct and inform company technical strategy and new product development.
- An Engineering qualification (Bachelors degree or equivalent)
- Strong supplier management expertise
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint and other relevant IT skills
- Can demonstrate high level of communications and organisational skills
- Can demonstrate a working understanding of QMS and H&SMS
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to interpret technical requirements and see these through to implementation
- Willingly contributes to and seeks to develop the team.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 29 October 2021