Test Engineer – Glasgow
About this role Test Engineer role:
The role is responsible for conducting tests then reporting on results for electronic assemblies and spacecraft systems.
- Support activities with spacecraft assembly and delivering hardware for projects to expected standards and timescales
- Engage with Project Manager and project reviews to ensure test schedules are in alignment of project timescales
- Produce and communicate with relevant stakeholders regarding progress and status of hardware under test
- Support Design Engineers with testing and debugging of both current and new designs
- Verify spacecraft hardware meets customer requirements
- Collate, review and write reports for test results with recommended actions
- Work to company standards relating to Quality Management System along with other quality processes mandated by the customer
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates competence in electrical and electronical engineering principles
- Evidences knowledge of schematic diagrams and PCB layout to debug hardware
- Ability to apply electrical expertise to product range such as battery packs, power systems, dc-dc converters, etc
- Working knowledge of test equipment
- Experience of following test and evaluation plans
- Demonstrates ability to apply test methodology to debug issues
- Can work independently as well as ability to effectively collaborate within cross cultural teams
- Uses initiative and works towards finding solutions
- Ability to organise self and prioritise workload
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software
- Capability and willingness to write effective test and evaluation plans
- Demonstrates understanding of Health and Safety and Quality Management Systems
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields