Systems Engineer – Gothenburg
About this role:
We’re looking for two System Engineers to join our AAC Omnisys team in Gothenburg to be responsibility for the technical development during the development process, including requirements specification for design and verification as well as support for designers.
Work assignments may include working on innovative technology for our high performing sensors. The role is pre-dominantly based on site due to allow for effective operational collaboration and team work.
· Deliver work tasks and assignments in accordance to required standards and compliance requirements
· Lead the technical development throughout the projects
· Provide technical input to direct and inform company technical/commercial strategy and new product development
· Ensure that the technical development meets the requirement specification within given constraint (time and budget)
· Motivate and technically lead teams to ensure a high level of performance and delivery
· Resolve any conflicts between contractual obligations and “wants” of the customer/contractor
· Collecting ideas from customers, stakeholders and colleagues to inform our technology developments
· Discuss and form new products and projects
· Manage relationships with key stakeholders and their expectations to ensure their continued support
· Support the wider engineering team as required
· Ability to coach and develop others
· Excellent customer and stakeholder management skills
· Strong interpersonal skills with the drive to complete tasks on schedule
· Able to interpret technical requirements and ideas
· Ability to work independently as well as to effectively collaborate within cross cultural teams
· Demonstrates ownership of problems and works towards finding solutions
· Ability to drive good decisions under highly demanding, dynamic environment
· Ability to organise self and prioritise workload of multiple projects in dynamic environment with tight deadlines
· Relevant degree or equivalent work experience
· Evident industry experience of applying systems engineering to products and applications
· Evidence of resolving technical issues
· Solid understanding of hardware/software product life cycle as appropriate to specialisation
· Proficient in English, both verbally and written
· Knowledge within circuit simulation (SPICE), HFSS or simular
· Experience with Altium or similar
· Understanding of electronics design including microwave for harsh environments (thermal, radiation, vibration)
· Knowledge of VHDL and/or EMC
· Experience in working with other engineering fields like optics, mechanics, software
· Experience in mentoring, developing others and sharing knowledge
· Knowledge of Lab-view
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions: · Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
· Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions · Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth. Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space Group consists of the parent company AAC Clyde Space AB (publ) and subsidiaries in Sweden, the UK, the Netherlands, South Africa and the USA. Our main operations are in these five countries, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
AAC Clyde Space’s share is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields