Systems Engineer – Glasgow
About this role Systems Engineering role:
The purpose is to provide system designs and technical leadership on platform projects ensuring delivery of those projects to cost, quality, safety and time parameters.
- Contributes to the business by effectively performing structured work assignments and to support problem-solving for non-routine issues
- Deliver work tasks and assignments in accordance to required standards and compliance requirements
- Application of functional and technical expertise to meet compliance requirements
- Resolve any conflicts between our contractual obligations and the “wants” of the customer/contractor with the Project Manager
- Uses initiative and works towards finding solutions
- Support business development activities by collaborating with potential clients to elicit technical requirements and assess feasibility for proposals.
- Generation of non-conformance reports (NCRs) and Engineering Change Notes (ECNs).
- Support the engineering teams as required.
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Evident industry experience of applying systems engineering to products and applications
- Evidence of resolving technical issues
- Solid understanding of hardware/software product life cycle as appropriate to specialisation.
- The ability to work to meet tight deadlines and progress several different projects in parallel
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required
- Competent in Microsoft Office and other relevant IT skills
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields