PROJECT MANAGER – UPPSALA
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role
- The Project Manager will be expected to lead their allocated projects throughout the project lifecycle delivering each successfully against objectives in terms of technical requirements, budgets and schedule.
- Principle responsibilities will include customer liaison, planning project delivery, schedule management including identification of critical path activities, active risk management, management of project teams, sub-contractors, and suppliers, managing project budgets in terms of cost and revenue and maintaining accurate forecasts.
- The objective of the project manager is to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, within the technical specifications and to the customer’s complete satisfaction. Demonstrable project management competence is essential; a space or aerospace engineering background is desirable.
- The Project Manager will be expected to maintain an active personal development plan and contribution to the company continuous improvement plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and management of multiple development projects
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management
- Support bid process and defining customer requirements, change management
- Manage and coordinate project team, partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g. Critical Design Review) and ensure milestone payment schedules are met
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position
- Plan resource availability to deliver the project plan
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work and quality level
- Plan and release documentation packages
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships.
- Experience of managing and delivering complex engineering development projects
- Experience working with multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing teams
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make decisive decisions, ability to support junior team members
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint and other common tools
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills for managing all key stakeholders including internal teams, supply-chain, customers, and other key external stakeholders.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter, in English or Swedish.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox