Project Manager – Delft
About this Project Management role:
We’re looking for a Project Manager to come onboard at our Delft site to lead their allocated projects throughout the project lifecycle, delivering each successfully against objectives of ensuring projects are delivered on time, in budget. within the technical specifications and to the customer’s complete satisfaction.
Principle responsibilities will include customer liaison, planning project delivery, schedule management including identification of critical path activities, active risk management, management of project teams, sub-contractors, and suppliers, managing project budgets in terms of cost and revenue and maintaining accurate forecasts.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the company’s projects allocated to budget, schedule, and quality constraints.
- Ownership of the Project Management work-package of multiple development projects: planning, identifying, and progressing critical paths; maintaining accurate forecasts and managing risks.
- Maintain accurate project forecasts and delivery of project revenue and profit expectations.
- Negotiate specific project requirements with customers and manage necessary variations.
- Actively manage risk, issue, action registers, and project history logs.
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management.
- Manage the information flow to our project teams, partners, subcontractors, and other stakeholders.
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g., Critical Design Review) and ensure milestone schedules are met.
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position.
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure their continued support.
- Motivate and lead the Project teams to ensure a high level of performance.
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors, partners, and suppliers.
- Ensure continued resource availability to deliver the project plan.
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships.
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work.
- Ensure project is delivered within all statutory legal and procedural requirements.
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in applicable technical environment.
- Thorough understanding of key project management competencies including cost, monitoring, schedule control, scope, resource, quality and risk management
- Experience of leading and delivering complex engineering development projects within short timescales and critical deadlines.
- Evidence of defining, estimating, allocating, communication and prioritising tasks within a multi-discipline engineering and production team
- Ability to work effectively with an engineering development team
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrates effective decision-making
- Strong leadership, communication and negotiating skills to manage key stakeholders both internal and external teams
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software including Microsoft Project or similar software
- Relevant project management qualification such as PMP or Prince2.
- Experience in Space or Aerospace.
- Knowledge of various project lifecycle processes such as waterfall, agile etc.
- Experience in mentoring, developing others and sharing knowledge.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields