PROJECT MANAGER – DELFT
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role
We are looking for a Project Manager with industrial experience in the space, new-space or closely aligned fields (Electrical/Mechatronic Manufacturing), though applications from outside these areas are encouraged if the candidate can demonstrate an applicable skill set or experience. The candidate will have an eye for detail, and a broad experience is more valuable than deep specific knowledge, due to the multi-faceted nature of such a role.
We will look for a Project manager with the typical traits of; commercial awareness, organisational awareness, strong in quality assurance, product assurance, problem solving and leading teams towards a common goal.
The Project Manager will be expected to lead their allocated projects throughout the project lifecycle delivering each successfully against objectives in terms of technical requirements, budgets and schedule.
Principle responsibilities will include: customer liaison, planning project delivery, schedule management including identification of critical path activities, active risk management, management of project teams, sub-contractors, and suppliers, managing project budgets in terms of cost and revenue and maintaining accurate forecasts.
The objective of the project manager is to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, within the technical specifications and to the customer’s complete satisfaction. Demonstrable project management competence is essential; a space or aerospace engineering background is desirable.
The Project Manager will be expected to maintain an active personal development plan and contribution to the company continuous improvement plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the company’s projects allocated to budget, schedule and quality constraints;
- Ownership of the Project Management work-package of multiple development projects: planning, identifying and progressing critical paths, maintaining accurate forecasts and managing risks;
- Maintain accurate project forecasts and delivery of project revenue and profit expectations;
- Negotiate specific project requirements with customers and manage necessary variations;
- Actively manage risk, issue, and action registers, and project history logs;
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management;
- Manage the information flow to our project teams, partners, subcontractors and other stakeholders;
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g. Critical Design Review) and ensure milestone schedules are met;
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position;
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure their continued support;
- Motivate and lead the Project teams to ensure a high level of performance;
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors, partners and suppliers;
- Ensure continued resource availability to deliver the project plan;
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships;
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work;
- Ensure project is delivered within all statutory legal and procedural requirements;
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business.
You must demonstrate:
- Experience of managing and delivering complex engineering development projects;
- Clear and disciplined competence in project management methodology, with professional certification highly desirable;
- Use of suitable tools such as Microsoft Project to schedule, track, and measure project status and performance;
- Definition, allocation, communication, and prioritisation of tasks and priorities, within a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing team;
- Ability to work well in an engineering development team and contribute to the development of junior team members;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate effective decision-making;
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations;
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills for managing all key stakeholders including internal teams, supply-chain, customers and other key external stakeholders
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox