Electronics Engineer – Glasgow
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role
The purpose of the role is to provide act as a link amongst the Electronics Design team, the Test team and the Production team. The role will heavily be involved in dealing with manufacturing data packs and test procedures.
We are looking for someone who takes a proactive approach to problem solving, who enjoys taking ownership of issues and is happy to disseminate their learning to others.
We are committed to continuous development – training will be coupled with a development plan to ensure employees are getting the support they require to grow in their tole. Team culture is important to us and we value people who contribute towards a positive working environment, who are happy working collaboratively or independently when required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributes to the business by effectively performing structured work assignments and to support problem-solving for non-routine issues
- Deliver work tasks and technical assignments in accordance to required standards and compliance requirements
- Guiding the Test team on how to test, debug and troubleshoot existing and new product designs.
- Generation of manufacturing data packs for flight hardware (Bills of Materials, OMs, schematics, PCB layout, manufacturing instructions, inspection drawings, etc.) and generation of test procedures.
- Generation of non-conformance reports (NCRs) and Engineering Change Notes (ECNs).
- Support the Electronics Design engineering team as per required.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant engineering discipline as a minimum.
- 2-3 years of experience testing and debugging electronic circuits (preferably switch mode power supplies).
- Evidence of using laboratory test equipment (power supplies, oscilloscope, electronic loads, etc)
- Knowledge of Non-Conformance processes and Engineering Change Notes (ECNs).
- Proven knowledge and experience using schematic capture and PCB design software.
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a cross-cultural team
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of DC/DC converter topologies.
- Knowledge of C and/or Python programming languages
- Experience with Orcad Capture or Altium.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields