AOCS Engineer – Glasgow
About this role AOCS Engineering role:
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a leading New Space company as an AOCS Engineer in Glasgow to provide mission analysis and design for attitude and orbital control sub-systems (AOCS) and algorithms for small satellite missions to cost, quality, safety, and time parameters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform design, modeling, implementation, and testing of attitude and orbit control systems for nano and small satellites.
- Work with the Software Engineering team to transition algorithm designs to functional code, then validate implementation against models.
- Work with Systems Engineering to define technical requirements and to define mission analysis and AOCS scenarios for analysis.
- Perform on-orbit commissioning activities for newly launched spacecraft, including direct communication with the client’s team.
- Analyse test results from each spacecraft and perform hands-on testing on flight hardware
- Support business development activities by collaborating with potential clients to elicit technical requirements and assess feasibility for proposals.
- Relevant Degree qualification or equivalent work experience
- Evidence ability to balance a dynamic workload in accordance to deadlines for multiple projects.
- Customer focused
- Demonstrates excellent technical writing
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Can work independently as well as ability to effectively collaborate within cross cultural teams
- Uses initiative and works towards finding solutions
- Ability to organise self and prioritise workload
- Ability to make technical decisions
- Competent IT skills including and with Microsoft software, Matlab and Simulink
- Experience working on spacecraft AOCS
- Experience in debugging issues on AOCS hardware and/or software
- Experience with Python and Embedded C
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields