Vice President Sales Space Products – Uppsala, The Netherlands, or United Kingdom
Location: Uppsala, The Netherlands, or United Kingdom
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, Swedish National Space Agency, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency, and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
Good technology is the bedrock of our business. We manufacture standardised, miniaturised, advanced subsystems and components for cube and small satellites, for use in our own platforms and missions – and for direct sale. We are looking for a proven professional to lead our global sales team in a full-time role to deliver the growth of the Space Products business line.
This is a senior role, at group level, ideal for someone seeking a new challenge in a growing market segment. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will work with our customers and operational delivery teams, developing proposals for the delivery of our wide portfolio of Space Products. We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised person who demonstrates the essence of entrepreneurism in their approach to work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the improvement and delivery of the bid process for Space Products
- Identify and develop target customers and sales opportunities
- Translate customer requirements into clear, tailored value propositions for Space Products
- Review and comment on legal and contractual requirements from customers
- Contribute to the development of accurate and complete opportunity forecasting for the AAC Clyde Space group
- Drive lessons learned initiatives to continually improve pursuit strategies for Products
- Convey customer requirements to the internal development teams
- Provide internal support in the areas of strategy, analysis, and best practices
- Gather market intelligence (opportunity and competitive)
- Contribute to the development of marketing campaigns and materials for Products
- Ownership of Product section of Company Website
- Identify and attend appropriate conferences, industry events, and customer visits
- Manage day-to-day activities of Space Product sales team
- Set and monitor team goals, vision, and indicators
- Motivate and inspire team to achieve company goals
- Manage tasks to team members based on situational leadership
- Identify and conduct training of team members to maximise their potential for themselves and the company
- Empower team members to improve their confidence, product knowledge, and communication skills
- Conduct performance reviews
- Have an outgoing and engaging personality
- Have a passion for the Space industry
- Demonstrate focused tenacity
- Be able to work autonomously
- Work to ensure our customers receive an awesome level of service
- A degree in science, technology, engineering, or equivalent experience
Why AAC Clyde Space:
- A unique opportunity to become a part of shaping and growing one of the world leading companies in the fast-growing space industry
- Join, lead and develop a very highly skilled team of colleagues
- We are working on a daily basis to ensure that space technology works to the benefit of the Earth and space environment
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
For further information please contact our Talent Acquisition team by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields