Technical Sales Manager (Space Missions) – Glasgow
About this role:
We are looking for a well-organised, enthusiastic individual who has an ability to understand existing and new technology coupled with a solid and demonstrable ability to form credible business plans. This is an ideal opportunity for someone seeking a challenge in a dynamic working environment, working at the forefront of small satellite technology and services. You will be partnering with our customers and operational delivery teams to secure Space Missons contracts in line business objectives.
The role will have occasional travel and we are open to hybrid working given the nature of the role, which is based in Glasgow Scotland.
You will be core to our established Business Development team, playing a key role in our strategic plans to help bring Space down to Earth in line with our vision.
– Convey customer requirements to our Operational Team and translate into clear, tailored value propositions.
– Prepare technical, financial and programmatic proposals.
– Proactively lead customer engagement and relationship building.
– Meet sales targets in line with business objectives.
– Assist in monitoring the competitive landscape, gathering market intelligence.
– Assist with the development of marketing material.
– Identify and attend appropriate conferences, industry events and customer visits.
– Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
– Ability to understand technical concepts to sufficient level of detail, communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences.
– Passionate about the Space Industry
– Excellent communicator with an engaging personality
– Demonstrates ability to be proactive with networking
– Evidence of focused tenacity
– Be able to work autonomously
– Committed to ensure our customers receive an awesome level of service
– Demonstrates understanding of commercial awareness
– Demonstrates ownership of problems and works towards finding solutions
– Competent IT skills including working experience of Office365 and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
– Proficient in English, both verbally and written
– Previous work or experience in engineering or technology or similar industry
– Previous sales experience in an applicable commercial environment
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions: · Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
· Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions · Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth. Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space Group consists of the parent company AAC Clyde Space AB (publ) and subsidiaries in Sweden, the UK, the Netherlands, South Africa and the USA. Our main operations are in these five countries, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
AAC Clyde Space’s share is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow
for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields