Systems and Quality Assurance Engineer – Uppsala
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role:
Come and join the AAC Clyde Space expansion and become a vital part of our team and continue building our quality assurance for satellite and subsystems manufacturing in Uppsala. We are looking for a Satellite Systems and Quality Assurance Engineer colleague to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced Engineer who can work to ensure our quality in the next range of products and satellite projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mission and subsystems design & trade studies
- Perform role of quality assurance for spacecraft missions, co-ordinating inputs from other engineering disciplines
- Support and drive the Non Conformance and Change processes
- Support continuous quality improvement for the various parts of the business
- Requirements and verification management
- Support product releases and processes for Configuration Management handling
- Support assembly, integration and test, during integration of spacecraft, to ensure requirements are met and any non-conformances are assessed
- Support in audits for ISO9001 and implement routines and templates
- Interact with customers and suppliers in Product Quality Assurance matters
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, science, or maths
- Experience working as a quality or systems engineer within the space industry
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and colleagues to elicit requirements and manage expectations.
- The ability to work to meet tight deadlines and progress several different projects in parallel.
- Experience in the domain of electronics, software and mechanical systems development
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required.
- Knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS quality standards (or equivalent international standards relevant to Space engineering) is considered a bonus.
- Knowledge or awareness of ISO9001 standards (or equivalent international standards relevant to Space engineering).
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox