SPACE SYSTEM FPGA developer – Uppsala
About this Space System FPGA Developer role:
We’re looking for a Space System FPGA developer to join our leading New Space company to design, implement and test firmware (VHDL) for embedded digital hardware systems in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders in a multicultural company to fulfil role requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of our on-board computer system-on-chip FPGA designs for space applications
- Architectural design and review of avionics and FPGA designs
- Be part of testing together with software or electronics team
- To improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- To engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in several of the following areas:
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in system on chip, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- HDL design for FPGA systems (VHDL)
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Digital Electronics hardware design experience
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Ability to diagnose and debug new and existing FPGA designs
- Reliability design analyses
- Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
- Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
- Experience of coding in C and Python (application and/or device drivers) will be beneficial
- Test driven development and unit testing
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make educated decisions, as well as an ability to support junior team members
- Knowledge of board testing and ESA quality management is considered a bonus
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields