SPACE SYSTEM ELECTRONICS ENGINEER – Uppsala
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Responsibilities will include:
• Design of analogue and digital electronic systems for space applications
• Architectural design and review of avionics and electronic systems
• To improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
• To engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
• Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
• A successful candidate will have relevant experience in several of the following areas:
• Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Ability to work as part of a team of engineers to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
• Knowledge of power electronics and/or mixed signal systems
• Knowledge or experience in performing analogue simulations, schematic capture and PCB layout (using any CAD/EDA software)
• HDL design for FPGA systems. Analog/Digital Electronics hardware design experience
• Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
• Ability to diagnose and debug new and existing electronic designs
• Reliability design analyses
• Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
• Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
• Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
• Experience of coding in C and Python (application and/or device drivers) will be beneficial
• Test driven development and unit testing
• Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
• Fluent in English, written and spoken
• Ability to work independently and make educated decisions, as well as an ability to support junior team members
• Knowledge of environmental testing and ESA quality management is considered a bonus
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox