Software Architect – S.A, UK, USA or EU
Location: Group role, S.A, UK, USA or EU
Job Title– Software Architect
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role:
AAC Clyde Space is seeking a highly skilled senior software architect to join our team. As a world leader in the New-Space sector we deliver cutting edge satellite systems, missions, and data to our clients and software is an integral part of our operations.
You will be responsible for the development of an end-to-end software architecture across the group encompassing all phases of our value chain including low level hardware interfacing, satellite integration & testing, mission software and data processing & delivery. Your will also be expected to work closely with our existing software team, leading continuous improvement and developing new software solutions to meet our constantly evolving customer needs.
To be successful, you should be an expert problem solver with a strong understanding of the broad range of software technologies and platforms available. Top candidates will also be excellent leaders and communicators.
Responsibilities will include:
The Senior Software Architect will be responsible for:
- The development and implementation of an end-to-end software architecture throughout the group
- Leading the development and implementation of the processes and tools that enable our teams to work efficiently and effectively within this architecture throughout the full software and product lifecycle
- Leading the development of software products and solutions across the scope outlined above
- Supporting the team to deliver complete software solutions to schedule and quality expectations (including support of review gates and associated documentation and product deployments)
- Reporting and communication of progress and achievements to key stakeholders including senior management
- Coach and support the software team throughout the process
The successful candidate will have a broad range of software development experience and skills. While a mix of the following is expected and important, the right analytical approach and company fit is equally valued:
- Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a relevant discipline
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details.
- Extensive software development experience across a range of languages (e.g. C/C++/Python/Java/JS)
- Experience in multiple levels of software implementation including, but not limited to:
- Embedded systems: hardware/software partitioning, RTOS, microcontrollers, distributed systems, memory management and device drivers
- Communications systems: communication protocols, asynchronous processing, network simulation, various embedded protocols (e.g. I2C, SPI, CAN, RS485, LVDS)
- Web Technologies: protocols (e.g. TCP/UDP), databases, web design (e.g. MVC, MVVM), data patterns (e.g. SOA, ETL, TDS), frameworks (e.g. Node.js, Django), REST APIs
- Virtualisation Systems and Operating Systems
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields