Senior Embedded Software Engineer (Team Lead) – Glasgow
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this Role
As we expand our platform capabilities at AAC Clyde Space we are looking for creative, driven and enthusiastic embedded software engineers to join our avionics team to assist in the development, testing and deployment of our world-class satellite technology.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing and testing software to run on the various embedded computers distributed throughout our satellites
- Deployment and characterisation of these systems
- Creation of tooling to automate and streamline the production of our embedded systems
- Maintaining and improving existing technology
- Candidate should be educated to at least bachelor’s degree standard in software engineering or other appropriate degree
- Must be a confident C programmer with experience of developing for embedded systems
- Comfortable developing tools in Python to assist with the testing and deployment of embedded systems
- Working with other developers using modern version control methodologies such as Gitflow
- Ability to work with a group of engineers and technicians to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Experience in programming embedded systems (i.e. microcontrollers and/or embedded Linux)
- Software development for RTOS systems
- An understanding of the upper levels of the software stack, working with APIs and some web-technologies (e.g. Flask, Django, Vue.js, Electron)
Senior Roles Available:
- 10+ years experience of relevant experience
- Demonstrate skills in mentoring and reviewing work of a software engineering team
- A background in working to industry standards such as MISRA-C
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox