SENIOR ELECTRONICS ENGINEER – GOTHENBURG
About this Senior Electronics Engineering role:
We’re looking for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our AAC Omnisys team in Gothenburg to design electronic hardware for space applications including conceptual design, schematics, PCB layout, component selection, production and testing.
Work assignments may include working on innovative technology for our high performing sensors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of Analog and Digital electronic systems for space applications.
- Improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- Develop and maintain technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Deliver the company’s projects allocated to budget, schedule, and quality constraints.
- Contribute towards information flow to project teams and other stakeholders
- Ensure project is delivered within all statutory legal and procedural requirements.
- Test and verification
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in applicable technical environment.
- At least five years of experience as Electronic Engineer
- Experience with Analog and Digital electronics
- Electronics hardware design experience including component selection, circuit design and layout
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Hands on diagnosis and debug of new and existing electronic designs
- Able to manage time, work within a multicultural team and work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and progress several projects in parallel
- Demonstrates effective decision-making
- Ability to work flexibly including supporting tasks outside core competence
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software
- Experience with circuit simulation (SPICE)
- Experience with Altium
- Understanding of electronics design for harsh environments (thermal, radiation, vibration)
- Knowledge of VHDL and/or EMC
- Experience in working with other engineering fields like optics, mechanics, software
- Experience in mentoring, developing others and sharing knowledge
- Knowledge of Lab-view
Why AAC Clyde Space
- A unique opportunity to become a part of shaping and growing one of the world’s leading companies in the fast-growing space industry
- Join a highly skilled team of colleagues
- We are working on a daily basis to ensure that space technology works to the benefit of the Earth
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
AAC Omnisys (Omnisys Instruments AB) develops and delivers instruments including microwave and millimeter wave radiometers for ground- and satellite-based applications. These instruments consist of many parts in addition to high-frequency electronics. The development team is agile, and we have a well-equipped lab for both instrument work from analogue up to THz frequencies and space qualification. The instruments often require high electrical performance and high precision manufacturing. We are also producing mechanical high precision parts in our in-house workshop. We are a tight organization and there is a great possibility of having a broad responsibility.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
For further information please contact Peter Ternebring, Recruiter, +46 70 639 88 89
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields