SENIOR ELECTRONICS ENGINEER – Glasgow
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, Swedish National Space Agency, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
The purpose of the role is to be a technical lead amongst the Electronics Design team, the Test team and the Production team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of electronic systems for space applications. Product lines include on board computing, attitude control, power systems and communications dependent on candidate specialisation
- Architectural design and review of avionics systems and input to whole satellite electrical architecture
- Improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- Engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure design, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Support to customers and manufacturing team to resolve challenges
- Deliver work tasks and technical assignments in accordance to required standards and compliance requirements
- Support the Electronics Design engineering team as per required.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to work and lead as part of an engineering team to deliver work on time and within standards
- Evidence of knowledge or experience in schematic capture and PCB layout (using any CAD/EDA software)
- Electronics hardware design experience including component selection, circuit design and layout
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Hands on diagnosis and debug new/existing electronics design
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a cross-cultural team
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written.
- Knowledge of power electronics including switch mode converter design
- Knowledge of Lithium Ion battery charge and protection circuitry
- Experience of design for EMC
- Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
- Experience of electronic simulation in either digital, power or RF environments
- HDL design for SoC or FPGA systems meeting timing and functional constraints
- Experience with microcontrollers and supporting peripherals (e.g. oscillators, external memory)
- Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Low level device drivers. Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
- Confident coding in C and Python
- Design of RF electronics including LNA, filters, SDR interfacing
- PCB layout for RF circuits (impedance matching, shielding etc.)
- Understanding of electronics design for harsh environments (thermal, radiation, vibration)
- Electronics design for high reliability systems (FMEA, FDIR)
Why AAC Clyde Space
- A unique opportunity to become a part of shaping and growing one of the world leading companies in the fast-growing space industry
- Join, lead and develop a very highly skilled team of colleagues
- We are working on a daily basis to ensure that space technology works to the benefit of the Earth and space environment
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
For further information please contact our Talent Acquisition team by email on email@example.com
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields