Senior Electronics Engineer – Delft
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role
The Senior Electronics Engineer will design electronic hardware for space applications including conceptual design, schematics, PCB layout, component selection, production and testing.
Work assignments may include working on innovative optical communication technology to provide high speed downlink capabilities for small/nano satellites, or develop onboard Artificial Intelligence system to improve data transmission to Earth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of Analog and Digital electronic systems for space applications. Product lines include laser communication, attitude control system, reaction wheel, star tracker, sun sensor, magnetometer, magnetorquer
- Improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- Develop and maintain technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Deliver the company’s projects allocated to budget, schedule, and quality constraints.
- Contribute towards information flow to project teams and other stakeholders
- Ensure project is delivered within all statutory legal and procedural requirements.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in applicable technical environment.
- At least five years of experience as Electronic Engineer
- Experience with Analog and Digital electronics, various communication protocols (e.g. CAN, SPI, I2C, UART)
- Electronics hardware design experience including component selection, circuit design and layout
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Hands on diagnosis and debug of new and existing electronic designs
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++
- Able to manage time, work within a multicultural team and work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and progress several projects in parallel
- Demonstrates effective decision-making
- Ability to work flexibly including supporting tasks outside core competence
- Communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software
- Experience in Aerospace and/or CubeSat
- Experience with circuit simulation (SPICE)
- Experience with Altium
- Understanding of electronics design for harsh environments (thermal, radiation, vibration)
- Knowledge of VHDL and/or EMC
- Working knowledge of ECSS standards and experience of ESA processes
- Experience with working in a cleanroom
- Experience in working with other engineering fields like optics, mechanics, software
- Experience in mentoring, developing others and sharing knowledge
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields