Project Manager – Glasgow
We are looking for an experienced professional to join our growing Project Management team, based in Glasgow to support our Operations.
The purpose of the role is to lead allocated projects throughout the project lifecycle. Projects must be delivered successfully to contractual obligations with customer, working with Operations and Engineering. All activities must be in line with and meet technical requirements, cost, quality, safety and time parameters.
This opportunity is ideal for someone to enable efficient project management in the New Space Industry, a technically minded business. You will be involved in a dynamic, fast paced working environment with exciting projects and challenging schedules. You will have proven experience from regulated industries with the desire to grow your knowledge and expertise while adding value to our current ways of working.
It is an exciting opportunity to be part of existing projects where our technology ends up in space!
- Deliver project management services in line with Project Management Manual and associated processes.
- Allocate resource via shared resource team in line with project priorities against schedule
- Manage subcontractors and suppliers as appropriate
- Provide input on task estimates to Engineering and Sales/Business Development teams
- Support activities associated with improving Projects activities
- Support the team to ensure they adhere to the company systems and processes
- Ensure consistent and continuous communication between all relevant stakeholders
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience of understanding and applying contractual requirements in a technical industry environment
- Thorough understanding of key project management competencies including cost, schedule control and risk management
- Basic understanding of business finance including revenue recognition and cash flow
- Demonstrates experience of managing complex projects within short timescales and critical deadlines
- Experience of leading and building a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Understanding of quality and other relevant standards
- Ability to work with and manage resources, stakeholders and customers to address expectations in line with priorities
- Demonstrate ownership of problems and works towards finding solutions
- Provide relevant KPIs, information flow and reporting to demonstrate project progress
- Experience of managing suppliers and subcontractors
- Competent IT skills including Microsoft software
- Experienced user of Microsoft Project or similar software
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Passionate about continuous improvement
- Experience in resource sharing across multiple projects
- Knowledge of various project lifecycle processes such as waterfall, agile etc.
- Relevant project management qualification such as APM PMQ or PPQ.
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space Group consists of the parent company AAC Clyde Space AB (publ) and subsidiaries in Sweden, the UK, the Netherlands, South Africa and the USA. Our main operations are in these five countries, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
AAC Clyde Space’s share is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields