Institutional Bid Manager – Glasgow/Delft
About this role:
This role provides an opportunity to work at the forefront of small satellite technology and services, ideal for someone who enjoys working across a variety of subjects and creating innovative proposals. The role will report to the VP of Future Programmes with an opportunity to engage across different areas of the business. We are looking for a well-organised, enthusiastic individual who has excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work proactively with a range of institutional stakeholders.
- Identification and assessment of available Invitation to Tenders (or similar), which are aligned to internal company roadmaps
- Institutional bid writing including technical, financial and programmatic elements of proposals
- Engagement with internal and external stakeholders
- Attendance and participation in key institutional events and conferences
- Support the team as required
- Relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- Proven track experience preparing institutional or grant funding applications, including relevant financial elements
- Familiarity with institutional funding landscapes and mechanisms
- Understanding of the satellite value chain, with particular focus on downstream data applications
- Ability to understand technical concepts to sufficient level of detail and prepare appropriate applications for funding
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Can work independently as well as ability to effectively collaborate within cross cultural teams
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Uses initiative and works towards finding solutions
- Ability to organise self and prioritise workload to meet tight deadlines and progress several projects in parallel
- Competent IT skills including Microsoft Office software
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields