Technical Lead for Microwave Systems – Gothenburg
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specializes in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organizations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
AAC Omnisys (Omnisys Instruments AB) develops and delivers instruments including microwave and millimeter wave radiometers for ground- and satellite-based applications. These instruments consist of many parts in addition to high-frequency electronics. The development team is agile, and we have a well-equipped lab for both instrument work up to THz frequencies and space qualification. The instruments often require high electrical performance and high precision manufacturing. We are also producing mechanical high precision parts in our in-house workshop. We are a tight organization and there is a great possibility of having a broad responsibility.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA, and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role
If you want to be part of an exciting team developing instruments for space, we need a Technical Lead for Microwave Systems for AAC Omnisys. The role involves
- Technical lead the development throughout the projects and be supportive to the engineers
- Ensure that the technical development meets the requirement specification within given constraint
- Collecting ideas from customers, stakeholders and colleagues and develop project ideas with the Technical Directors
- Close co-operation with our Technical Directors
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Clear and disciplined technical experience
- Experience in microwave systems
- Can demonstrate high level of communications, control, motivational and management skills
- Able to steer discussions to a common consensus
- Able to interpret technical requirements and ideas
- Able to pick up ideas and form new projects and products
- Able to delegate effectively
- Leads by example, builds and demonstrates trust in the team. A team player.
Why AAC Clyde Space
- A unique opportunity to become a part of shaping and growing one of the world leading companies in the fast-growing space industry
- Join a highly skilled team of colleagues
- We are working on a daily basis to ensure that space technology works to the benefit of the Earth and space environment
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
For further information please contact Peter Ternebring, Recruiter, +46 70 639 88 89
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields