Embedded Software Engineer – Delft
About this Embedded Software Engineering role:
We’re looking for a Embedded Software Engineer to join our leading New Space company to design, implement and test firmware for embedded systems in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders in a multicultural company to fulfil role requirements.
The role will involve working on cutting edge technologies applied to satellites and space related equipment. The first assignment may be to write firmware for a laser communication terminal that we are developing, a breakthrough technology that will increase data transmission drastically. Another assignment may be to work on command and data handling platform to help select data before sending them to ground stations.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design, implement and test firmware for on-board devices
- Develop firmware in VHDL
- Integration of the software with other hardware and/or software modules
- Execution of validation and verification tests
- Code version control
- Work from system requirements to space qualified products being launched into space
- Support with the preparation of software tasks, estimation and breakdown of work for planning
- Develop and maintain technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Master’s degree in embedded systems, electronics, space systems engineering or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record of developing software for embedded systems
- Experience in HDL design for FPGAs
- Proficient in using Embedded C/C++, Linux, RTOS
- Good understanding of real-time systems
- Strong capabilities in performing specification, architecture, verification and validation
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of electronics design, comfortable with schematics and contributing to hardware design discussions
- Ability to analyse, problem solve and find solutions for projects
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a cross-cultural team
- Communicates to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Experience in Python, LTSpice
- Understanding of RS-232, RS-485, TCP/IP, UDP protocols
- Experience with ARM processor and FPGA platforms
- Experience in the real-time embedded software for the space industry
- Knowledge of ESCC standards from ESA
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields