Electronics Test Engineer – Uppsala
About this Electronics Test Engineer role:
You will be part of a small electrical test team involved in space subsystems production in Uppsala. This role will belong to our AIT PA/Quality where all electrical cards need 100% acceptance, functional testing upon arriving from sub-suppliers, before handover to the assembly teams.
Your work will help us improve the quality, reliability and delivery of our products which are developed in-house at our site in Uppsala. You will work across different projects, collaborating with your team members and those in the wider organization.
- Involved in the hands-on testing and production of products which will go into satellites, lunar landers, orbital craft and other space applications
- Have a methodical mindset, putting quality whilst first working with an analytical approach
- Combine creativity, innovation and problem solving, as well as experience of practical work in electronics testing
- Document your work and test results and work to industry recognized standards
- Share knowledge and work with others to solve problems
- Develop and improve our routines and processes for testing activities of incoming and outgoing electrical circuit board assemblies and systems
- Carry out component analysis, acceptance tests and generate data for troubleshooting
- MSc or BSc degree in electrical engineering
- Solid industrial experience in electronic assembly testing (analog and digital)
- Fluent English in speech and writing
- Driven, curious, self-motivated, articulate and quality minded
- Can work independently with a passion for quality improvements
- 30 days vacation, with additional 3 days bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Private healthcare, share scheme etc.
- Being part of a growing new space company
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields