Electronics Team Leader – Glasgow
About this Electronics Team Lead role:
The role is accountable for leading the team in delivering commercial and operational priorities. This involves prioritising and allocating resource to meet project requirements in line with safety, quality, cost, people and budget. You would also be responsible for people development, ensuring tools and processes in dept are fit for purpose and overall drive efficiencies.
- Provide technical and people leadership to deliver on agreed priorities and projects in line with business priorities
- Provide accurate information and estimates on agreed work plans through company systems and records for monitoring achievement of operational and/or financial plan
- Responsible for staffing decisions and development through the employment lifecycle
- Motivate and lead the engineering team to ensure a high level of performance
- Focus on continuous improvement projects to improve efficiency and standard of design and associated processes
- Share feedback on concerns and issues affecting the team
- Develop and maintain capability skills matrix to proactively understand competence within the team for effective resource management
- Work in partnership with Head of Projects and Head of Engineering regarding engineering resource allocation
- Relevant Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to demonstrate leading others to deliver specific work packages and applications
- Leading electronic engineering technical expertise and design with the capability for people leadership
- Understanding of space (or similar tightly regulated) industry mechanical engineering processes
- Review technical design documentation including requirements capture, schematics, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Detailed technical qualification and management of customer requirements and vendor solutions
- Track record with instilling standard and efficient engineering processes and/or improvement projects
- Demonstrates commercial awareness
- Experience of KPI setting, delivery and management
- Evidences the ability to mentor and develop others
- Ability to organise and prioritise challenging, dynamic workload
- Competent IT skills and with Microsoft software
- Experience in spacecraft engineering, with a working knowledge of space manufacturing practices and methods
- KPI Setting, delivery and management
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields