Electronics Engineer – DELFT
We are looking for a full-time, experienced electronics engineer with good insights in product development to join our Delft team in the Netherlands.
As we expand and improve our line of satellite sub-system capabilities at AAC Hyperion, we are looking for creative, driven, and enthusiastic electronics engineer to join our team. You will assist in developing, testing, and deploying our world-class satellite technology.
This opportunity is ideal for someone looking for responsibility and development opportunities of a technical nature in a dynamic, fast paced working environment with exciting projects and challenging schedules. You will be expected to work on projects of different sizes and complexities, ranging from actuator control systems to optical communication devices.
You will have proven experience from regulated industries with the desire to grow your knowledge and expertise, while adding value to our current ways of working. You will be happy to get involved and learn from the project! We also support activities across the AAC Clyde Space group so there is plenty of opportunities for cross-site collaboration.
It is an exciting opportunity to be part of projects where your work literally ends up in space!
- Design of Analog and Digital electronic systems for space applications. Product lines include laser communication, attitude control systems, reaction wheels, star trackers, sun sensors, magnetometers, magnetorquers
- Improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- Develop and maintain technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Deliver the company’s projects allocated to budget, schedule, and quality constraints
- Contribute towards information flow to project teams and other stakeholders
- Deliver work tasks and assignments in accordance to required standards and compliance requirements
- Guiding the Test team on how to test, debug and troubleshoot existing and new product designs.
- Support other engineering teams as required
- Degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- Evident industry experience of applying electronics engineering to products and applications
- Experience with Analog and Digital electronics, various communication protocols (e.g. CAN, SPI, I2C, UART, Ethernet, USB)
- Electronics hardware design experience including component selection, circuit design and layout
- Proven knowledge and experience using schematic capture and PCB design software.
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Hands on diagnosis and debug of new and existing electronic designs
- Knowledge of Python, C/C++
- Able to manage time, work within a multicultural team and work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and progress several projects in parallel
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully resolve technical issues
- Demonstrates ownership of problems and works towards finding solutions
- Competent IT skills including Microsoft software
- Proficient in English, both verbally and written
- Experience in Aerospace and/or CubeSat sector
- Experience with circuit simulation (SPICE)
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Understanding of electronics design for harsh environments (thermal, radiation, vibration)
- Knowledge of VHDL and/or EMC
- Experience in working with other engineering fields like optics, mechanics, software
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space Group consists of the parent company AAC Clyde Space AB (publ) and subsidiaries in Sweden, the UK, the Netherlands, South Africa and the USA. Our main operations are in these five countries, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
AAC Clyde Space’s share is traded on the Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market.
Data Protection Policy
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
Right to Work
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
We aim to create a positive recruitment and selection experience across every part of our business. The company is committed to handling applications to a consistently high standard and all candidates with dignity and respect. Those involved in the recruitment and selection process will act with integrity, objectivity and professionalism. We are committed to equal opportunities for all and to have diversity reflected within our global workforce. We believe its diversity and inclusion will allow for greater creativity and innovation to help AAC Clyde Space Group deliver the vision to help improve life on earth.
Openness to Flexible Working
We recognise work-life balance is important so we are open to discussions around flexible working, depending on the nature of the role and business needs. If you would like to know more, please ask the Hiring Manager during any recruitment process that you may be involved in.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields