Electronic Team Lead – Glasgow
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically minded Electronics Team Lead to contribute to the design of state-of-the-art satellite subsystems. To be successful in this role we will look for previous experience of managing or leading teams, projects, and driving the products. The team leader will need to be a highly organised individual coordinating and motivating the team across complex projects whilst prioritising and planning resources.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of electronics design team, forecasting demand, leading recruitment and allocating resource
- Leadership and development of the team, coaching and mentoring to support growth
- Leading the design of electronic systems for space applications
- Ownership of product lines, driving continuous improvement and design maintenance
- Engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers, suppliers, and clients) to ensure design, manufacture, and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Review technical design documentation including requirements capture, schematics, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Detailed technical qualification and management of customer requirements and vendor solutions
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to deliver work to time, cost, and quality requirements
- Estimation of effort for work packages across electronics domain
- Planning and allocation of resources
- Mentoring and development of peers
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Electronics hardware design experience
- Knowledge of diagnosis and debug of electronic designs
- Experience with mixed signal electronics design (analogue / digital)
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- An awareness of firmware and software integration within electronic systems
- Reporting at leadership or board level
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter. Please submit CV to: email@example.com and type Digital Electronics Engineer in the subject line of your application.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the link below to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields