AIT Engineer – Glasgow
Position: AIT Engineer
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
About this role:
An Assembly, Integration, and Test (AIT) Engineer is required to expand our AIT team, supporting an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead all activities within the spacecraft assembly, integration, and test phase.
- Prepare and participate in all spacecraft environmental tests: mechanical, thermal, & EMC
- Review test results and raise Non-conformance reports when necessary.
- Produce test reports and communicate results to wider project team
- Define and work to improve a standard set of company AIT procedures & processes
- Feedback lessons learned from AIT phase to future projects
- Author spacecraft AIT plans and individual test procedures
- Review new spacecraft designs for implications and impacts on the AIT phase.
- Specify & design new Ground Support Equipment (GSE) as needed to support AIT
- Oversee and maintain tidiness and safe working practices in the AIT clean room
- BEng, BSc or higher degree in engineering, science, or maths
- Experience in the build and test of spacecraft (candidates with broader experience in the space industry will also be considered)
- An understanding of the types of standard tests required during a spacecraft AIT campaign.
- High level of practical `hands-on’ application of engineering
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel • Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in investigating system level problems and resolving defects
- Strong interpersonal skills and the drive to complete tasks on schedule
- Extensive experience in the build and test of spacecraft
- Previous experience working specifically with cubesats
- A knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS standards (or equivalent international standards) relating to verification and testing
- Experience of managing teams in dynamic environments
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU or the country in which they plan to work. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in that country before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox
"*" indicates required fields