AIT Engineer – Uppsala
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Responsibilities will include:
• Lead all activities within the spacecraft and sub systems assembly, integration, and test phase.
• Prepare and participate in all spacecraft environmental tests: mechanical, thermal, & EMC
• Review test results and raise Non-conformance reports when necessary.
• Produce test reports and communicate results to wider project team
• Define and work to improve a standard set of company AIT procedures & processes
• Feedback lessons learned from AIT phase to future projects
• Author spacecraft AIT plans and individual test procedures
• Review new spacecraft designs for implications and impacts on the AIT phase.
• Oversee and maintain tidiness and safe working practices in the AIT clean room
• BSc or higher degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and science.
• Experience in the build and test of spacecraft and sub systems (candidates with broader experience in the space industry will also be considered)
• An understanding of the types of standard tests required during a spacecraft AIT campaign.
• High level of practical `hands-on’ application of engineering
• Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Experience in investigating system level problems and resolving defects
• Strong interpersonal skills and the drive to complete tasks on schedule
• Extensive experience in the build and test of spacecraft
• Previous experience working specifically with CubeSats
• A knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS standards (or equivalent international standards) relating to verification and testing
• Experience of managing teams in dynamic environments
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox