Senior Test Engineer – Glasgow
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role
If you want to part of an exciting team who design and build spacecraft, we required an experienced Test Engineer for a full-time position to work at AAC Clyde Space to help us deliver several key projects into orbit. The role involves testing electronic assemblies and spacecraft systems within a cleanroom environment, driving continuous improvement of our existing test processes and mentoring and guidance of our junior test engineers.
Candidates must have proven experience of electrical & electronic engineering principles and excellent communication skills. Previous space industry experience is preferred although not essential. Previous experience of environmental testing is required. The candidate should demonstrate a high level of previous experience and knowledge in the test engineering sector including test debug, data analysis and priority management .
The candidate should demonstrate:
- Competent in electrical & electronic engineering principles
- Strong data analysis experience
- Experience of writing concise test reports
- Excellent knowledge of test equipment
- 5+ years experience working in a production test environment
- Experience of vibration and thermal environmental testing
- Proficiency in using schematic & PCB layout tools for debugging
- Understanding of DFT and DFM
- 5+ years’ experience of electronics test
- Mentoring junior team members and setting / monitoring daily tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally across all levels of the business
- Ability to work well in a team and support team members
- Proven ability to identify issues on flight hardware and communicate effectively with colleagues to resolve the issues
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail and attitude to quality
- Flexibility regarding overtime when required
- Experience of working in the space/aerospace industry
- Experience in battery testing
- Experience in Solar Panel testing
- Experience with system debug
- Electronics Engineering degree or similar
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click here to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Apply for this role
Sign up to our newsletters for the latest news, projects and more delivered straight to your inbox