Spacecraft Operations Software Engineer (Graduate/Junior)
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Spacecraft Operations Software Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for one of the UK’s most innovative companies, a world leader in small and miniature satellite turnkey services.
To support the rapidly growing customer demand, the company is looking to increase the levels of automation in operations. The role is for a graduate/junior level position.
As a spacecraft operations software engineer, your mission will be to support software development to automate aspects of spacecraft operations. The role will involve full stack web app development and CI/CD processes. The toolsets you will use are Python, Django (backend), VueJs (frontend), Git + Jenkins + Docker (CI/CD). Any experience in designing web or desktop applications will be considered.
In addition to your software developer role, you will be cross-trained as a spacecraft operations engineer to more fully understand the processes you will be automating. You will be working in close collaboration with the rest of the operations / analysis teams, sharing experience, developing the Operations capability together and working towards mission objectives.
You are a quick learner, with a problem-solver mindset and enthusiasm to take ownership of pieces of work. This is a cross functional role; you should have a Meng (any discipline) and an interest in web app development. Ideally, you have demonstrable experience in application development or good knowledge in application architecture. You are also comfortable with new software, frameworks and technologies and able to adapt while respecting quality assurance processes and keeping a high level of communication. If this is you then please reply promptly as this position is available to fill immediately.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Full stack web app development (Django + VueJs)
- Design and implement new application features
- Investigate and solve bugs
- Writing automated tests
- Development/maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Deploying applications using Docker (on Linux)
- Operating spacecraft passes as required (includes some out of hours work)
- Pro-actively update operations Software Lead of progress
- MEng degree in a relevant engineering discipline (Systems/Electronics/Aerospace/Software…)
- High level of aptitude for software development
- Python 3.x – 2 years of experience
- Able to communicate effectively and pro-actively within the team, with high level of integrity
- Excellent team worker (task collaboration) with the ability to work autonomously
- Able to work under pressure; resilience to adapt in a changing environment
- Technical report and procedure writing to a high standard
- Django, Flask
- Git, Docker, Jenkins
- Object Orientated Design knowledge
- Application architecture knowledge
- Design Patterns
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 31 December 2020