Senior Bid Manager
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
We are looking for an experienced Bid Manager to join our busy Business Development team in a full-time role to support the Company Strategic vision for growth. This is a varied role, ideal for someone seeking a challenge in a dynamic working environment as you will work with our customers and operational delivery teams to secure commercial contracts for the delivery of space-based missions and services. We are looking for an enthusiastic, well-organised person who demonstrates the essence of entrepreneurism in their approach to work.
You will be responsible for building close relationships with our commercial customers and delivering compelling proposals for new and exciting missions and services. An ability to understand existing and new technology coupled with a solid and demonstrable ability to form credible business plans is essential for this role.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Lead key customer engagement and relationship building
- Translate customer requirements into clear, tailored value propositions for products and services
- Prepare technical, financial, and programmatic proposals
- Convey customer requirements to the internal development team
- Assist in monitoring the competitive landscape
- Gather market intelligence (opportunity and competitive)
- Assist with the development of marketing material
- Identify and attend appropriate conferences, industry events, and customer visits
SUCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST:
- Have a demonstratable capability to deliver results
- Have an outgoing and engaging personality
- Demonstrate focused tenacity
- Be able to work autonomously
- Work to ensure our customers receive an awesome level of service
- Have working experience of Office365 and Online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools
- The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the Space Industry.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 31 December 2020