ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A test engineer is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Ensure delivery of fully tested flight components to Projects on time
- Communicate with Project Manager to ensure test schedules align with project schedules
- Communicate to Test Supervisor and Project Manager progress and status of hardware under test
- Participate in project reviews and Test Readiness Reviews
- Mentoring and training to junior members of staff
- Provide Test engineering support to design teams for evaluation and prototype component test
- Identify risks and opportunities for continuous improvement of the existing test processes
- Periodic support of Satellite integration testing
- Conduct ethical and equitable business practice
- Implement all relevant and appropriate company policies and procedures
- Ensure own adherence to the company Quality Management System and any additional quality processes mandated by the customer
- Maintain and organise the Test areas and tools/equipment
- Suggest improvements to team and management to improve DFT and Test processes
- Compile NCRs (Non-Conformance Reports)
- Any other reasonable request from management
- Competent in electrical & electronic engineering principles
- Apply electrical test expertise to company product range, e.g. battery packs, electrical power systems, dc-dc converters
- Expert knowledge of test equipment
- Able to follow test and evaluation plans
- Expert in writing test and evaluation plans
- Verify spacecraft hardware meets customer requirements by following test spec and product datasheets
- Apply test debug methodology to resolve issues encountered during the test phase
- Support design engineer with test and debug of prototype and production systems
- Use schematic diagram & PCB layout to debug hardware
- Clear understanding of Satellite system production lifecycle
- Competent in data analysis and capable of using data to resolve issues and make improvements
- Write concise test reports
- An Engineering qualification (degree-level preferred, not essential)
- Can demonstrate high level of communication, control and organising skills
- Can demonstrate a working understanding of QMS and H&SMS
- Knowledge of vibration and thermal testing desirable
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Able to interpret technical requirements and work effectively with cross functional engineering teams
- Degree in electronics preferable or currently studying for a degree in electronics will also be considered
* Clyde Space is part of the Nasdaq North listed ÅAC Microtec organisation.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 6 October 2020