Senior RF Engineer
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Senior RF engineer is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Responsible for all RF sub-systems on the satellite including primary communications in UHF/VHF/SBAND/XBAND, GNSS receiver chain and payload development (e.g. AIS, IOT).
- RF circuit design including architecture, schematic/layout, simulation and test.
- Undertake design reviews and create design documentation, manuals, test procedures, and reports as necessary
- Undertake make/buy assessments aligning with technical roadmap and project needs.
- Interface with suppliers and partners in procurement and development of new systems.
- RF system test and bring-up, functional testing, EMC and qualification.
- Deliver RF analysis for mission and platform projects e.g. link budget assessment, design for EMC.
- Design of radio system architectures including SDR transceivers.
- Design of RF front end circuitry.
- Antenna selection and integration.
- Practical experience in RF hardware test and debug.
- Product development experience throughout lifecycle including handover to manufacturing and test.
- Experience in software aspects of SDR systems such as GNU Radio, USRP and lower level digital interfaces in software or VHDL are desirable.
- Experience of communications protocol selection for robust, secure links would be desirable.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.