AOCS Team Leader
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
An AOCS Team Leader is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Technical Authority for mission/orbital analysis and attitude control systems.
- Setting strategy and direction for products in this domain in collaboration with CTO.
- Ownership of process and tools in this domain, ensuring they meet the business need.
- Providing analysis and estimates to support Business development activities and bids.
- Elicitation and definition of customer AOCS requirements.
- Nanosatellite attitude and orbit control algorithm development, implementation and test.
- Coordinate hardware and software development activities to ensure attitude control product line meets business/customer need.
- Supporting AIT team in validation of attitude control systems during satellite integration.
- Definition and justification of AOCS test capability requirements and investments e.g. Helmholtz Coil.
- Providing support to satellite operations through validation of on orbit telemetry and ensuring timely resolution of AOCS anomalies.
- Management of AOCS team including resource forecasting, resource allocation, and recruitment
- Leadership, mentoring and development of AOCS engineers. Identification of training needs.
- Extensive industrial domain experience in AOCS/GNC.
- Strong mathematical and control system design skills.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Software and Hardware development processes.
- Experience in designing and characterising attitude sensing and control systems.
- Strong MATLAB/Simulink modelling experience.
- Ability to write technical documentation to a high standard.
- Experience of leading, motivating and developing high performing teams.
- Knowledge or awareness of ECSS standards relating to attitude and orbit control
- Ability to write and/or debug C/C++ programming language
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.