Spacecraft Operations Engineer
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Spacecraft Operations Engineer is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage communications (TMTC) with AAC Clyde Space operated spacecraft
- Prepare flight plans and schedules in interaction with customers and report on the health and main activity of their spacecraft
- Rehearse operations on a satellite simulator (software changes, new scripts, schedules, parameter updates) for validation before uplink
- Work with experienced engineers to analyse satellite data, provide health trends and to investigate in-orbit anomalies
- Prepare and lead spacecraft in-orbit commissioning phase
- Suggest design and process improvements; contribute to the operation capability automation
- Build the Operation Centre documentation and processes (edition of procedures, user manuals, training materials, architecture charts, ICDs…)
- Minimum BEng degree (ideally MEng degree) in relevant engineering discipline (Systems/Electronics/Mechanical) or equivalent experience
- Ability to effectively diagnose and debug problems with existing or new software
- Able to communicate effectively and pro-actively within the team, with high level of integrity
- Able to work under pressure; resilience to adapt to a changing environment
- Excellent team worker (task collaboration) with the ability to work autonomously if necessary
- Technical report and procedure writing to a high standard
- Knowledge of space mission analysis, RF principles and satellite design
- Experience of programming or scripting languages
- RF engineering experience
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.