DIGITAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEER
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically minded digital electronics engineer to contribute to the design of state-of-the-art satellite subsystems, with an emphasis in digital embedded electronics. The candidate should show strong aptitude, share our enthusiasm for electronics and be a strong team player. Previous experience is not essential but will be considered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design of digital electronic systems for space applications
- Architectural design and review of avionics and digital systems
- Improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- Engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Basic knowledge or experience in performing digital system simulations, schematic capture and PCB layout (using any CAD/EDA software)
- Digital electronics hardware design experience
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Ability to diagnose and debug new and existing electronic designs
- HDL design for SoC or FPGA systems meeting timing and functional constraints
- Experience with microcontrollers, including implementation of applications with real-time constrains and complex communication requirements
- Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Low level device drivers. Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
- Confident coding in C and Python
- Experience in using version control systems such as Git
- Knowledge of power electronics and/or mixed signal systems is a plus
- Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
- Experience interfacing or using an RTOS (application and/or device drivers) will be beneficial
- Test driven development and unit testing
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 29 October 2021