Production Manager (Group)
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Production Manager is required for a full-time position to work for AAC Clyde Space. The company is looking to deliver some key project milestones and meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the full manufacturing process through build, test, assembly and integration
- Leading business wide Quality assurance and deployment to maintain accreditations, meet agreed customer quality standards and deliver reductions in all forms of waste.
- Managing the planning process, developing MRP and other systems, to provide an effective resource capacity plan that delivers excellent on time service to customers.
- Managing the supply chain, ensuring service level agreements with strategic manufacturing partners deliver the technical, service and commercial solutions required.
- Managing the logistics process to maximise service delivery, ensure compliance with applicable laws & regulations and be cost effective
- Developing lean manufacturing capability, empowering your team to deliver ongoing safety, quality, delivery and cost improvements that enhance business performance and customer service.
- An experienced manager, able to demonstrate high levels of communication, organisational ability, team motivation and effective delegation.
- Able to demonstrate lean manufacturing experience including e.g. 5S, root cause analysis, DMAIC problem solving, waste reduction and visual management
- Comprehensive knowledge of MRP in a design and technical manufacturing environment
- Strong supplier and subcontract manufacturing management expertise
- Able to manage multiple demands across teams and develop priority solutions
- Experience managing teams across more than one site, with different cultures, would be beneficial
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the link below to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE