ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
We are seeking to strengthen our quality and engineering function to meet rapidly growing customer demand in an exciting and expanding market. An experienced Manufacturing Engineer is required for a full-time role that provides an opportunity to lead continuous improvement across our business.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Improving efficiency across the Business by analysing & planning workflow, information flow, people movement & equipment layout and reducing waste/non-value add activities.
- Overseeing the transition of new products into production from the New Product Introduction process to ensure First-Time-Right & On-Time-In-Full to our customers.
- Conducting manufacturability reviews for new products (Design for Manufacture & Design for Test) to ensure processes and products are fit for purpose.
- Organising supplier audits to ensure their processes and products are fit for purpose and that agreed improvements are delivered
- Ensuring clean room hygiene standards are maintained and assets are serviced & calibrated.
- Experience applying lean techniques e.g. 5S, root cause analysis, DMAIC problem solving, waste reduction, gauge R&R and Kaizen with a natural desire to continuously improve.
- Ability to manage multiple demands & develop priority solutions.
- An HND in Engineering, Technical Sciences or equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience in a similar role in a business where high quality and reliability are paramount.
- Experience gained in electronics manufacture and assembly.
- A knowledge of ESA ECSS documents (European Corporation for Space Standardisation).
If you feel this role is a good fit and have a desire to use your Manufacturing Engineering experience in a business where high quality and reliability are paramount, then we look forward to receiving your CV and a covering letter in the very near future.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the link below to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE