ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
Responsible for providing mission analysis and design of attitude and orbital control sub-systems (AOCS) and algorithms for small satellite missions to cost quality, safety and time parameters.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Complete project work within cost, quality and time constraints set by project manager.
- Liaise with and manage any suppliers, partners or sub-contractors under area of responsibility.
- Provide accurate engineering task estimates for project management and resource planning tasks.
- Ensure the team leader and project manager are kept updated of any deviations from agreed work plan and/or schedule.
- Ensure work area is kept tidy as befits a professional engineering company.
- Ensure timely and accurate information flow to project managers and team leader, project team, sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Provide mission analysis and AOCS engineering expertise to support business development team within company
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors and suppliers and ensure the company always receives the highest value
- Maintain good working relationships with the customer
- Interpret the technical requirements of customer specifications and ensure these are understood and implemented correctly by the Project team
- In conjunction with Project Manager resolve any conflicts between our contractual obligations and the “wants” of the customer/contractor
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business
- Conduct ethical and equitable business practice
- Implement all relevant and appropriate company policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of attitude control and mission analysis theory and practice.
- Good knowledge of satellite and orbital control system simulation.
- Ability to interface with software engineering capability to transition algorithm designs to functional code, then validate implementation against models.
- Basic knowledge of engineering theory and practice outwith the engineer’s specialisation and awareness of the impact this will have on their specialisation.
- Good understanding of space mission and platform requirements, design and operation.
- Good understanding of space hardware and software design and test.
- Basic awareness of market including present and upcoming customer needs or opportunities.
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software AOCS issues including on orbit investigation.
- Solid understanding of space product life cycle.
- Provide technical input to direct and inform company technical/commercial strategy and new product development.
- Awareness and appreciation of their specialisation within the larger project/company team
- An Engineering qualification (Bachelors degree or equivalent)
- Basic supplier management expertise
- Can demonstrate high level of communications and organisational skills
- Can demonstrate a working understanding of QMS and H&SMS
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to interpret technical requirements and see these through to implementation
- Willingly contributes to the team.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 24th September 2021