PRODUCTION QUALITY INSPECTOR
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A Quality Inspector is required to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role based in Glasgow for an experienced engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
Responsible for performing quality inspection tests on all spacecraft subsystem products at various stages of the manufacturing process to ensure that internal Clyde Space quality standards and our end customer specifications are met.
- Conduct a variety of inspection tests on incoming, in process and final inspection stage WIP
- Ensure that all quality check procedures are followed during each production phase
- Create comprehensive documents for quality issues and detail the corrective actions taken
- Educate all production team members on quality control issues and work with all departments on continuous improvement plans for product quality
- Create and improve process checklists and coordinate quality inspection priorities with Manufacturing supervisor
- Support the progression and closure of open NCR’s and 8D’s
- Conduct ethical and equitable business practice
- Implement all relevant and appropriate company policies and procedures
- Ensure own adherence to the company Quality Management System and any additional quality processes mandated by the customer
- Support management as directed
- Some experience of manufacturing quality control
- Strong knowledge of working in a manufacturing environment
- ESA inspection certified
- Knowledge of space craft inspection recommended
- Experience of cleanroom protocols and operating within a cleanroom
- Six sigma certification preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proven history of understanding cost of quality and manufacturing quality expectations
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 30th July 2021