Senior AOCS/GNC Engineer
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
A senior AOCS/GNC (AOCS) Engineer is required for a full-time position to work for AAC Clyde Space. The company is looking to deliver some key project milestones and meet rapidly growing customer demand for our products as this exciting market expands.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Nanosatellite attitude and orbit control algorithm development, implementation and test.
- Elicitation and definition of customer attitude determination and control user requirements.
- Performing Hardware-In-the-Loop verification testing of new and novel AOCS algorithms.
- Validation of on orbit telemetry through LEOPS commissioning phase.
- On orbit anomaly resolution of AOCS systems
- Characterisation of AOCS sensors and actuators, modelling from first principles.
- Integration of AOCS sensors and actuators into nanosatellite platforms.
- Leadership and Technical mentoring of junior engineers.
- Extensive experience as an AOCS/GNC engineer in industry.
- Strong mathematical and control system design skills.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge and experience of Software and Hardware development processes.
- Experience in designing and characterising attitude sensing and control systems.
- Strong MATLAB/Simulink modelling experience.
- Ability to write technical documentation to a high standard.
- Knowledge or awareness of ECSS standards relating to attitude and orbit control
- Ability to write and/or debug C/C++ programming language
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the link below to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE