FPGA Engineer - Delft, The Netherlands
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space AB offer a full turnkey space mission service from design to on-orbit operations including reliable satellite platforms; customizable to suit our customers’ requirements. Our end-to-end service package enables our customers to reach their mission goals with a single, trusted point of contact. In addition, we supply a full range of subsystems for small satellites. The group employs more than 150 staff located in five sites in Uppsala (SE), Glasgow (UK), Delft (NL), Fairfax (US), and Gothenburg (SE).
We are expanding our engineering team in Delft and are recruiting an FPGA engineer. Our ideal candidate has worked with multiple FPGA platforms, including Lattice and Xilinx and experience in complex digital designs, including simulation and implementation. Preferably the candidate has ample experience in microcontrollers hardware (ARM architectures) and software (C, Python, Matlab). By combining the system level overview and being able to implement the time and processing power intensive tasks in an FPGA, complete digital systems consisting of state diagrams as well as digital signal processing algorithms can be handled by the engineer.
You will become a part of a listed and leading company in the New space industry, with an aim of continuing expansion.
University degree (MSc of PhD) in a relevant engineering discipline, like electrical engineering or embedded systems.
Relevant experience in a relevant position
The specific responsibility includes:
As an FPGA engineer, you will work within a team of enthusiastic engineers. You will be able to contribute to the product development from the concept design up to the final design, including testing and all project stages in between, including proper documenting the design.
You will have insight into other disciplines and use it to optimize your designs to be part of larger system, involving many different disciplines, like mechanics, optics, etc.
You will be part of the complete design cycle; from when the initial specification comes in until the product is delivered to the customer. Together with your colleagues, you will find the best solution for both existing and new customers of AAC Clyde Space.
For example, you will:
- Translate customer requirements into clear technical specifications
- Perform feasibility studies for digital systems
- Implement digital systems in FPGAs of various complexity and of different manufacturers
- Develop written technical proposals including technical solutions, costs and schedule for internal as well external customers according to their needs and requirements
- Interact with the technical and operational team, to match the products and services to the customer requests
- Take responsibility for the design, the product development and product delivery to the customer.
There will be opportunities to visit international conferences, give presentations at relevant conferences and publish your work in relevant media.
To make sure you receive a great start to learn all about the company, the technology and the products you will complete an introductory program. You will also be supported daily, mainly by colleagues in a similar role as you.
- Ability to manage time effectively, dealing with multiple activities at the same time
- Systems engineering or project management knowledge
- Understanding of FPGA’s, VHDL, Verilog
- Experience in Lattice and Xilinx design projects
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with colleagues and customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations
- Ability to work autonomously
- Professional and positive approach
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 6 July