SPACE SYSTEM MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER - UPPSALA, SWEDEN
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
Mechanical Design Engineer TO OUR TEAM IN UPPSALA, SWEDEN
We are looking for a Mechanical or Aerospace engineer with industrial experience in the space, new-space or closely aligned fields, though applications from outside these areas are encouraged if the candidate can demonstrate an applicable skill set or experience. The candidate will have an eye for detail, and a broad experience is more valuable than deep specific knowledge, due to the multi-faceted nature of such a design. Your design will fly in orbit!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design of mechanical components such as spacecraft subsystems.
- Design of mechanical structures, including electrical architecture.
- Structural and thermal analysis of subsystems and satellite platforms.
- Producing manufacturing drawings for suppliers and manufacturing instructions for in-house assembly.
- Interaction with supply chain to source components at appropriate cost, timescale and quality.
- Practical work to aid assembly integration and test teams where required.
- BEng(Hons) or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Some industrial experience
- Experience in using CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks.
- Solid understanding of structural and thermal design and analysis principles, and practical experience of performing such analysis.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and progress projects in parallel.
- Ability to work flexibly and apply oneself to problems outside of core competencies as required by a small, fast-growing organisation.
- Experience in spacecraft engineering.
- Electrical engineering qualifications and/or experience.
- Understanding of PCB design and manufacturing processes.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
- Experience of working in the space/aerospace/defence industries.
- Practical skills in fabricating and modifying mechanical parts (hand tools, mill, lathe).
- Working knowledge of ECSS standards and experience of ESA processes.
- Thermal, vibration and/or shock testing experience
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 30th of August 2021