Satellite Software Engineer, Fairfax, Virginia.
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
About SpaceQuest, Ltd.
SpaceQuest, Ltd. is an entrepreneurial commercial space company located just outside Washington DC in Fairfax Virginia. We are a leading developer of satellite technology and systems for government, university and commercial use with a focus on satellite communications. We have successfully built and launched 18 satellites to date including eight AIS satellites to track ships at sea and two inflatable space habitats for Bigelow Aerospace. We have also provided satellite components and services to Skybox Imaging, exactEarth, the DoD, NASA and international customers. We have some big and exciting plans in play for the next few years, so if you have a passion for space, small company dynamics, and using advanced technology to solve some of the world’s most challenging space problems, we're the right company for you.
We specialize in the design, development, launch and operation of microsatellites for low earth orbit (LEO) communication missions. We also operate a network of ground stations and a cloud based infrastructure to aggregate, process, and deliver data collected by our satellites to our global customer base.
Apply experience with satellite software and embedded systems to design, develop, launch and operate cubesats.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Participating in software requirements generation, flow-down and management through verification.
- Developing and testing software applications, drivers, or middle-ware in an embedded Linux environment.
- Integrating software with hardware test platforms, preexisting software, and new software.
- Maintaining new and existing software solutions and root cause analysis of software issues in deployed systems.
- Participating in team discussions involving vehicle and constellation architecture and project design choices.
- Supporting the business development team on customer engagements.
SKILLS REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE :
- BS in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent (MS preferred).
- Strong understanding of the software development cycle.
- Hands on experience with satellite flight software development.
- Strong Linux skills: extensive CLI/scripting familiarity, kernel mods, and drivers
- Experience with programming Software Defined Radios and GNU Radio.
- Experience with sensor integration over I2C, SPI, CAN, and UART.
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Familiar with source control tools GIT & SVN
- Highly motivated, self-starting, and able to perform duties autonomously.
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with a high degree of innovation and effectiveness.
- Desire and ability to take on leadership responsibilities as opportunities arise.
- Willingness to take an active role in the growth and development of new business ventures.
Eligibility: Must be a US Person to apply.
If interested, please submit cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing dateFriday July 2nd.