Spacecraft Operations Engineer
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
As Spacecraft Operations Engineer, your mission will be to support daily spacecraft operations, to help streamlining the various processes and to develop specific tools to optimize the Operation Services.
You will be trained to use AAC Clyde Space Operation Centre and in particular our dedicated Mission Control Software. You will quickly be in charge of managing the communications with various spacecraft, sending commands and receiving telemetries to achieve the in-orbit commissioning or to support the nominal mission of those satellites. As you gain more experience, you will be able to analyse the data yourself and build a comprehensive knowledge of how the spacecraft subsystems behave in space.
You will be working in close collaboration with the rest of the Operations team, sharing experience, developing the Operations capability together and working towards mission objectives.
You are a quick learner, with a problem-solver mindset and enthusiasm to take ownership of pieces of work. You are also comfortable with new software and able to adapt while respecting quality assurance processes and keeping a high level of communication. Then please reply promptly as this position is available to fill immediately.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage communications (TMTC) with AAC Clyde Space operated spacecraft
- Prepare flight plans and schedules in interaction with customers and report on the health and main activity of their spacecraft
- Rehearse operations on a satellite simulator (software change, new scripts, schedules, new parameters…) for validation before uplink
- Work with experienced engineers to analyse satellite data, provide health trends and to investigate in-orbit anomalies
- Prepare and lead spacecraft in-orbit commissioning phase
- Suggest design and process improvements; contribute to the operation capability automation
- Build the Operation Centre documentation and processes (edition of procedures, user manuals, training materials, architecture charts, ICDs etc.)
- Minimum BEng degree (ideally MEng degree) in relevant engineering discipline (Systems/Electronics/Mechanical) or equivalent experience
- Ability to effectively diagnose and debug problems with existing or new software
- Able to communicate effectively and pro-actively within the team, with high level of integrity
- Able to work under pressure; resilience to adapt in a changing environment
- Excellent team worker (task collaboration) with the ability to work autonomously if necessary
- Technical report and procedure writing to a high standard
DESIRABLES (ANY OF):
- Knowledge of space mission analysis, RF principles and satellite design
- Experience of programming
- RF engineering experiences
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the link below to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of applying, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE