Space System Bid Manager - Uppsala
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
AAC Clyde Space AB offer a full turnkey space mission service from design to on-orbit operations including reliable satellite platforms; customizable to suit our customers’ requirements. Our end-to-end service package enables our customers to reach their mission goals with a single, trusted point of contact. In addition, we supply a full range of subsystems for small satellites. The group employs more than 150 staff located in five sites in Uppsala (SE), Glasgow (UK), Delft (NL), Fairfax (US), and Gothenburg (SE).
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We are expanding our international Business Development team in Uppsala and are recruiting a Bid Manager. Our ideal candidate has a technical background and some experience in technical sales or bid management. As part of our team, you will be further building your sales & bid management experience within a wide range of space technologies, ranging from satellite subsystems, products, engineering services and analysis. You will build close relationships with our customers. An ability to understand existing and new technology coupled with a demonstrable ability to deliver solid proposals is essential for this role. At AAC Clyde Space, you will also have the opportunity to look beyond and work with various tasks at a company with high ambitions in a fast-expanding market. You will become a part of a listed and leading company in the New space industry, with an aim of continuing expansion.
University degree in a relevant engineering discipline
Demonstratable experience in a sales management role, even if limited
The specific responsibility includes:
As a Space System Bid Manager, you will work as part of the wider Global Business Development team in Uppsala. You will be reporting to our Head of Business Development Products based in Delft. You will be tasked with developing customer proposals focusing on subsystems and products for small satellites and be involved with the entire process. You will be involved with the entire process; from when the initial specification comes in until the offer is approved and the contract is signed with the customer. Together with project managers and technical resources, you will find the best solution for both existing and new customers of AAC Clyde Space.
For example, you will:
- Translate customer requirements into clear, tailored value propositions for products and services
- Develop written technical proposals including technical solutions, costs and schedule for customers according to their needs and requirements
- Interact with the technical and operational team, to match the products and services to the customer requests
- Take responsibility for customer engagement, business relationship building client contacts
In this position you will also get the opportunity to visit international conferences and meet potential clients as well as promote the products of AAC Clyde Space.
To make sure you receive a great start to learn all about the company, the technology and the products you will complete an introductory program. You will also be supported daily, mainly by colleagues in the same role as you.
- Ability to manage time effectively, dealing with multiple activities at the same time
- Systems engineering or project management knowledge
- Technical sales or bid management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations
- Ability to work autonomously
- Competence in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Professional and positive approach
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 30 June 2021