SPACE SYSTEM ELECTRONICS DEVELOPER - UPPSALA, SWEDEN
SPACE SYSTEM Electronics developer
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
The company is currently expanding, launching new products and incorporating new subsidiaries within the New Space segment in Europe.
ELECTRONICS DEVELOPER TO OUR TEAM IN UPPSALA, SWEDEN
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically minded electronics engineer to contribute to our design of state-of-the-art satellite subsystems, with an emphasis on analogue and digital electronics. The candidate should show strong aptitude, share our enthusiasm for electronics and be a strong team player. Previous experience is not essential but will be considered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of analogue and digital electronic systems for space applications
- Architectural design and review of avionics and electronic systems
- To improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- To engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in several of the following areas:
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Knowledge of power electronics and/or mixed signal systems
- Knowledge or experience in performing analogue simulations, schematic capture and PCB layout (using any CAD/EDA software)
- Analog/Digital Electronics hardware design experience
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Ability to diagnose and debug new and existing electronic designs
- Reliability design analyses
- Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
- HDL design for FPGA systems.
- Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
- Experience of coding in C and Python (application and/or device drivers) will be beneficial
- Test driven development and unit testing
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make educated decisions, as well as an ability to support junior team members
- Knowledge of environmental testing and ESA quality management is considered a bonus
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
Closing date 31st of May 2021